We all have good intentions for starting the New Year off right. When January rolls in, we start thinking about what our New Year resolutions will be. But did you know that only 8% of people actually achieve their New Year's goals? Fit Therapy of Texas wants to help YOU to become that 8%. So here are a few tips to help you reach your goals this New Year.
1. Focus on short term goals, for long term results. Understand that results don't come over night. You have to be committed to what you want to achieve. Focus on setting specific short term goals for yourself. Write down a list of things that you can work on a weekly basis to help you achieve the results you want to see in the long run.
2. Focus on the journey, not the outcome. Focus on things you have control over to help you reach your ultimate goal. Want to drop 15 pounds? Don't obsess about the number on the scale instead, set yourself a goal to make it to the gym 3-5 days a week and fill half your plate with fruits or veggies at every meal.
3. Schedule time for your resolution. We are all so busy, it's can be a challenge to find time to take care of ourselves. But failing to plan, is planning to fail. Set time during your day to focus on your resolution. If it is important to you, you should treat it like you would a doctor's appointment, meeting, or your kid's dance recital.
4. Use the buddy system. Share what your resolution is with someone else so they can hold you accountable. If you're wanting to exercise more, maybe that friend, family member, or spouse you shared your resolution with wants to join you on your morning workout sessions.
5. Stay on track. Writing out your goals is a great way to focus on your plan but tracking your progress is a great way to stay accountable and refresh your memory of your resolution. If you see yourself slacking or something isn't working, it's okay to reassess your game plan. Resolutions are about becoming a better version of yourself, not a perfect version.