What you tell yourself matters. How to completely change how you talk to yourself.
Your thoughts matter‼️
How you talk to yourself will either improve your perspective or make it worse. Self loathing, anyone?
However, if you stop and take a moment to gain awareness and control over your thoughts you have the opportunity to think up, gain a new perspective and have compassion for yourself. Honestly, this is an essential part of improving ones mental and physical health.
If you are struggling with your thoughts, try one or all of the mental health tips below... .
1. Question your negative thoughts. Ask yourself objectively, "Is this thought helpful or not?" .
2. Examine the evidence surrounding the negative thoughts. Review the evidence. Is it 100% true? Is the evidence based on fact or opinion?
3. Reframe your negative thoughts. Example: "I am never going to accomplish my goals." Reframe: "I know I have the ability to face my struggles through my strengths because I have done it before and will do it again. I am capable of accomplishing my goals--one step at a time."
4. Start the day with a positive affirmation.
5. Take stock of what is going right and the good things, no matter how small.
6. Practice self-compassion. Talk to yourself the way you would your best friend or child.
If you need help with replacing your negative thoughts, reach out. We have 4 Licensed Professional Counselors on staff to help.