Remember the most important person in your life is YOU. There is no other person like you and you deserve self-love.
Self-love is challenging for most people, especially when we live in a society where we are always comparing ourselves to others who are more successful, prettier, or have more money, etc. Access to social media makes it easy to do this. Therefore, trying to stop this cycle of comparison takes work on improving your self-worth and confidence.
How would life look for you if you loved yourself without judgment and complete acceptance of yourself?
For us, it would be peaceful and the noise of other people's opinions would quiet.
We want this for you too. Take some time to check in with yourself.
How are you feeling?
How do you feel about yourself?
Are you being kind to yourself?
Have you compared yourself to others today?
Gaining more self-awareness of where you are and what you need will increase your desire to take better care of yourself.
Begin treating yourself with love by adding the following habits into your day daily:
1. Start each day by telling yourself something positive. Celebrate the little wins, be proud of what you achieve every day. Repeat the positive message to yourself at the end of the day too.
2. Start eating healthier and nourishing your body. Remember your body is your car and if you do not fuel up correctly, you are going nowhere. Your body will thank you for making this change.
3. Surround yourself with people who love and encourage you to be better. It's okay to lean on others to lift you up until you are able to do so on your own. Having the right support is so important in gaining confidence. Gain support from social events or meet with a professional for support as needed.
4. Take time to calm your mind every day. This is a form of self-soothing and so important. When we learn how to regulate our emotions, we can approach the day and stressful moments easier. Calm your mind with mindfulness, meditation and breathe work.
5. Treat others how you would like to be treated. The golden rule goes a long way. When we treat others the way we want to be treated, we are modeling and teaching others how to treat us.
You matter. Love yourself and reap the rewards of self-love. Nothing compares to the love you give yourself.
If you are struggling with your self-love, reach out we are here to help. Give us a call at 210-495-3131 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.