For years, I ate on the run and despised breakfast. I just didn't like the traditional breakfast foods.
Since getting healthy and working out, I have learned the importance of eating breakfast everyday. I even have a new motto, "Eat like a King for Breakfast!"
Ultimately, I believe not knowing what to eat got in the way of eating breakfast. Try one or all five of our healthy and clean eating breakfast ideas.
Here are 5 easy, clean breakfast ideas that are not only healthy but delicious:
1. Yogurt Parfait: Yogurt is healthy and full of protein, but make sure you are not buying the fruity flavor yogurts because they are packed with sugar. Always choose a plain yogurt with 0 grams of sugar, then pick your favorite fruit and add to the yogurt. Nuts and almonds add a nice crunch and are good fats. You can also drizzle in a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup and some cinnamon while you adjust to plain yogurt.
2. Avocado toast: Super simple to make, but still tricky. Make sure to buy whole wheat bread, put in toaster and then add some avocado which are healthy fats and top with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Healthy Breakfast Tacos: Instead of flour tortilla buy corn tortillas. Make scrambled egg whites, turkey bacon and add salsa. That's it! They are ready to eat.
4. Overnight oats: In a jar add some oats and let them soak overnight and they will be ready to go in the morning. Make sure to cut some fruit and add to your oats or add one tablespoon of peanut butter to your oats for taste.
5. Smoothie: A smoothie never fails. Start out by adding some spinach (does not taste), add one piece of fruit, some almond milk or water and you can add protein powder or 1 cup of Greek yogurt that is packed full of protein.
Leave us a comment if you try one or all of our easy, healthy breakfast ideas. Make sure to subscribe to our blog to continue to receive healthy recipes.